Vacancy Announcement: Port Moresby Operations Director
Femili PNG is looking for an exceptional person, someone with experience and passion, to join our team as the Port Moresby Operations Director – to develop an exciting new initiative to respond to violence against women in the nation’s capital.
To date, Femili PNG has only been operating in Lae, but will soon be running a Safe House and Case Management Centre in Port Moresby, as part of a proposed public-private initiative to respond to family and sexual violence (FSV) in Port Moresby. The Port Moresby Operations Director will take responsibility from the conceptual design through to implementation and oversee Femili PNG’s participation in the Port Moresby project. This position will be working closely with the Femili PNG Executive Management Committee and Board, OSF and Initiative Steering Committee, and involved Government and Non-Government Organizations including NCDC, donors, companies, partner agencies and academic institutions. The position will report to the Femili PNG CEO/Senior Social Worker.
Qualifications, experience and desired characteristics:
- A Master’s Degree of Arts or Sciences in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Business Administration, Development Studies or related field; or equivalent academic training and work experience.
- Minimum of 8 years management experience in an NGO, government or development agency, with at least 5 years working in service delivery; working knowledge and experience in the area of family and sexual violence desirable.
- A good understanding of FSV issues and related laws.
- Exceptional security management skills.
- Solid technical background and hands-on experience in social work and safe house operations.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire staff.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to deliver on time, over time; capacity to work independently and prudently; and experience of effective financial and budgetary control.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to negotiate and communicate effectively and collaboratively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds, and to win the support of stakeholders.
- Ability to provide strong project M&E support and compile/review quality donor reports.
- Strong commitment to Femili PNG’s vision, mission, and values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operational Management of the Safe House and Case Management Centre
- Staff Development and Human Resource Management
- Risk and Security Management
- Stakeholder engagement and Communications
- Financial Management
- Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning
Information and application:
Click here to download the full position description.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and any supporting documents (including police clearance) to email@example.com
Applications close on 30 March 2018.
https://www.femilipng.org/vacancy-announcement-port-moresby-operations-director/https://www.femilipng.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Vacancy-Announcement-Port-Moresby-Operations-Director.pnghttps://www.femilipng.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Vacancy-Announcement-Port-Moresby-Operations-Director-150x150.pngLatest NewsFemili PNG is looking for an exceptional person, someone with experience and passion, to join our team as the Port Moresby Operations Director - to develop an exciting new initiative to respond to violence against women in the nation’s capital. To date, Femili PNG has only been operating in Lae, but...Femili PNGFemili PNGinfo@femilipng.orgAdministratorFemili PNG: Family and Sexual Violence Case Management Centre